Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

September 11th Feelings


In September, I was touched once again by the sorrow of the 9/11 experience and got to thinking about my response. Feelings of sadness, of loss, of terror, of the senseless loss of life and wounding that continues, even as the years go by, somehow has to all be dealt with. As war rages on in the Middle East, as mistrust continues, we have to start building bridges of understanding and of hope for peace. My response was this painting: "Out of Destruction, Hope Rises". It is in acrylic on canvas with oriental paper and gold foil collage.

2 comments:

  1. I love this painting, Elsie, and I am so much in agreement with the sentiment/philosophy.

    Thanks for checking out my daily creations blog!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Barb,
    Thanks for checking out my painting!
    Each year as Sept. 11th comes around, I see more sorrow and misunderstand piling up. We have to start building bridges, somehow!
    I'm WAY behind on posting my paintings on my blog.
    I am so inspired by your painting everyday!
    I do some sketching etc. almost everyday, but
    painting goes more in fits and starts as I have more blocks of time.

    ReplyDelete